Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Kapampangan Flavors

Pampanga is the Food Capital of the Philippines. They are known for a lot of variety of food that came from the Town. Its flavors came from a lot of different influences. After all it was under the Spanish Regime for many many years. Added to it is some Japanese and Chinese infused flavors. Don't forget to mention that a lot of Koreans started to stay in town to Study, for it is very cheap for them to get an Education in Philippines. So basically, Pampanga is a huge melting pot of all these rich history.

Some of the dishes that came from Pampanga are Sisig, Sisig Pusu, Sipo Egg and a lot more. Don't worry we will go through those in details later. A lot of the dishes that I grew up eating reflects on the kind of life that we had. We didn't have a luxury to be picky on what we eat. Basically we are happy to eat Rice three times a day. It can be with a fish cooked in a different way or boiled potato yam blossoms/leaves. Sometimes when we have no money at all, we poured some soy sauce and oil in our rice to give it some flavor. Ahhhh... I will be forever grateful for everything that I have right now. It made me appreciate things more when I look back on my childhood. I remember my mom telling me, when I was a baby she would cook the rice with a lot of water, then once the rice is boiling she would scoop the extra water and put it in a feeding bottle and feed it to me. She made me some clothes out of the potato sack and dye it so it wouldn't look so bad. My mom is  a great inspiration to me. How she worked so hard to get me where I'm at right now. I'm always thankful even if I don't say it much. I love her dearly.


I am just so excited about this blog. I can't wait to show you guys our food. There's not a lot of blogs about Kapampangan Cuisine. Which is sad. But before I end this post, I wanted to tell you guys that I will be posting a variation of different cuisines and not only Kapampangan cuisine. Stay hungry my friends and I'll talk to you soon!


xoxo,
Pen

10 comments:

  1. Thanks Gi, appreciate your support! hehehe share ka din ng Ilocano recipe k? mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for share health site, I have a site also too….
    FDA approved weight loss pills

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to sharing this vegetable mixture recipes that's look organic. Yah this keep our health strong.

    http://www.spiceloungefaversham.co.uk/reservation.html
    http://www.spiceloungefaversham.co.uk/orderonline.html
    http://www.spiceloungefaversham.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is perfect and it has many useful contents. Thanks for sharing this. Now, i am going to spread this page on Social Media pages. Thanks again Click Here

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This information is great for cooking, i hope it will help us for our home, we are really enjoy this information.
    Best Frying Pan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked this blog page about Tamil Receipe. It gives us so much information about our Indian Tamilk Receipes. Please visit my website for pur Indian A2 milk.

    Visit Pure Aavin Ghee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our expertly prepared housekeepers can consummately meet your housekeeping prerequisites and give you results past your desires. Our undertaking is to benefit from this trust and give very good quality administrations in cleaning and upkeep of all zones of your home and business premises. It is our commitment and scrupulousness administration that separates us from other cleaning organizations in Dubai. cleaning service rates

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there, I found your blog via Google while searching for such kinda informative post and your post looks very interesting for me.
    Are CBD gummies suitable for kids?

    ReplyDelete